Few minutes after the match starts (when all the players get on the plane), crates with supplies will begin to fall from the sky. A plane will appear every several dozen seconds and drop the supplies in a random location. When it hits the ground, you can open it and collect useful (and often not available anywhere else) items. Inside the crates, you can find:
- Weapons: M249, Tommy Gun, AWM, M24, Mk14 EBR, OTs-14 and Kar98k;
- Gear: helmets, armor and level 3 backpacks;
- Consumable items: Adrenaline Syringe and Medical Kit;
- Weapon modifiers: 4x, 8x and 15x scopes, silencers for your assault and sniper rifles;
- Ghillie Suit.
Some of these items can only be found inside supply crates. For instance: M249, Tommy Gun, AWM, M24, Mk14 EBR, OTs-14, Adrenaline Syringe, x15 scope and Ghillie Suit.
It doesn’t take a scientist to know that supplies will lure all the nearby players. If you want to investigate the site and collect useful items, you should remember about several important things:
1. The supply crates are well visible (and hearable) for most players on the map. Furthermore, it takes time before the crate actually reaches the ground, so most of your enemies will surely reach the site. The entire surrounding area turns into a battlefield.
2. Pay attention to the distance between you and the crate. If you are nearby and there aren’t any enemies around, you should try to get the supplies. Some of them (such as powerful sniper rifles, Ghillie Suit or the x15 scope) can make your life much easier. However, if you are located far away from the crate, just let it go.
3. If you are playing alone, you need to watch your back. However, if you are a part of a team, it’s wise to send one of the players to collect the content, and the rest should cover his/her position.
4. If you have a vehicle, you should use it to create a provisional cover that can save you from hostile fire. This way, your character will be covered from two directions – by the vehicle and the very crate.
5. During the final stage of the match, when there are only 10-15 players left, it’s best to leave these crates alone. You may not need the items anymore and moving too close to the site may get you killed.
6. Even if you are not planning to collect the supplies, it’s worth going near the airdrop area. Surely, at least several players will go there – use this opportunity to deal with them. It’s especially easy when you have a fine assault rifle or a sniper rifle, and you can hide in a safe place.