1. The key mechanic in the game is sound. All the sounds of steps of characters, gunshot noises can provide an experienced player with information they need. On the basis of that, you can assess the position of the enemy player, and usually also their distance from you. Thanks to this, you can also guess, whether or not, the enemy in the building is on the same level, above, or below, because sounds of steps are also different in each of these instances. However, remember that this is a double-edged blade and the enemy can find you just as well.
2. Match your playing style with gear that you currently have. If you manage to obtain a sniper rifle and a good scope for that, try to use your advantage – the option to harass the enemy from a distance. If, on the other hand, you have a submachine gun and a shotgun, it is better to fight over shorter distances to take advantage of their power and alleviate poor accuracy.
3. With time, the area of the game will shrink – this is represented by two circles (white and blue). White circle surrounds the area where you have to get before time, indicated above the minimap, elapses. Once this time elapses, the blue circle will start to shrink and after a dozen of seconds or so, it will shrink to the size of the white one. If you happen to be outside of the borders of the blue circle, you will start to take damage. The speed of shrinking and damage you take depends on the stage of the game, at first, it shrinks faster and deals little damage, but with time the shrinking process gets slower, but it deals more damage.
4. As soon as a new, reduced zone appears (white circle), do not dart into its center. It is better to wait and assess the current situation – whether there is an enemy around, whether, or not, there are buildings and terrain covers around, from where the enemy can fire at you, whether you are to pick the safe route to the destination point. It is better to keep to the rim of the white circle at all times and move gradually towards its center.
5. Remember to holster your weapon. You do that by pressing X. After you holster your weapon, you will start moving a little bit faster. This comes in handy, when you have to cover a long distance within limited time span, and from your position you cannot conduct fire anyways. However, remember not to use this function too often – if you run into an enemy with your weapon holstered, he will have the obvious advantage over you.
6. It is a good idea to use markers that can be set on the map. This way, you will be able to point other squad members to key locations. It can be used to mark the location, where you have, e.g. left a vehicle. You can set markers with RMB.
7. While on the plane, you have to decide where to land. You can land in a city with many buildings, which happens to be on your route, or in the military base to the South – this will allow you to obtain better gear, but increases your chances of premature encounter with other players.
8. If you prefer a slow start without enemy encounters, pick a location at the city outskirts – landing there decreases your chances of a quick fight and you will still be able to access the city.
9. It is a good idea to pay attention to the other players, during the flight. after they open their parachutes, they will be easy to spot. Try to remember their last location and expect an attack from that direction.
10. Remember that, after you jump out of the plane, you can still cover the distance of about a kilometer (each yellow mesh on the map corresponds to the distance of 1 kilometer), by panning the camera (pan up to decrease the speed of descent). This way, you can reach a location, where there will be no enemy, most probably. You will be able to complete your gear and find a vehicle without being bothered.
11. After you enter a building, close the door! Thanks to this, you will increase your chances of survival – if an enemy wants to enter the building, you will know about that by the noise.
12. If you are shot by an enemy that you cannot locate, run away as quickly as possible, zigzag while running and try to reach the nearest solid cover – such as a rock, building or an elevation. NEVER go prone after being shot by an enemy – there is a high possibility that he will still see you and in such a situation, it will be easier for him to fire at you.
13. All the doors are closed, at the beginning of the game. If the door of a building is open, this will mean that the enemy was, or still is inside. Remember, however that there are many players who close doors behind them – a building with closed door does not mean that there isn’t an enemy lurking inside!
14. After you enter a building, do not launch yourself at all the items that you can see– before that, find out if the area is safe. Some players can set effective traps by putting items on display and waiting for an easy target to come by. However, do not stick to this rule from the beginning of the game – at first, you gave to obtain gear as fast as you can.
15. You can safely jump down, from a small height. You can easily jump off the first floor of a building without taking any damage. Remember, however, that greater heights will make your character lose health – the specific amount is proportional to the height.
16. You can freely look around using “ALT”. This will allow you, for example, to run in one direction and look around at the same time. This is also useful after you have jumped off the plane- you can find out if there are other players nearby, without affecting the direction of your descent.
17. While in the water, you can dive to hide from the enemy. To do this, hold down “C”. To resurface, hold down SPACE.
18. You can switch between FPP and TPP with “V”.
19. Apart from the regular jump with SPACE, you can also perform a jump that will allow you to reach an elevation, or jump out of a window, which is not normally possible. TO take such a jump, you have to press “C” and SPACE at the same time and additionally, move in the specific direction. This is similar to jumps in Counter Strike.
20. While hiding inside buildings, you should check the availability of entrances and stand in a spot where no enemy can jump you. It is best to pick buildings with only one entrance and the second floor – the enemy can enter from only one direction and if necessary, you can escape across the window/balcony.
21. remember that you are not safe, while indoors. This is especially true for small buildings – a grenade thrown inside usually ends in the death of the occupant.
22. If you have to reach a specific location fast, there is a risk that you may encounter enemy fire on your way, use support gear. Thanks to this, you will be moving a bit faster and replenish health. Holstering the weapon with “X” also helps.
23. The map has been divided with a grid. Distances between individual lines are constant and they amount to 100 meters for white ones and 1,000 meters for yellow ones.
24. Doors can be destroyed with weapons. Thanks to this, you will be able to make a hole in the door and throw a grenade inside. Also, you can completely demolish doors, which allows you to enter without opening them. Remember, however that this means making noise.
25. If the area you are currently in goes red, leave the red circle and go indoors. After a dozen-or-so seconds, several tens of bombs will drop on the red area, destroying all the vehicles and killing all the players within the blast radius. With lots of luck, you can be standing in the very center of such a zone and come out unscathed, but it is better to take to the heels and hide indoors.