Battle Points is a special in-game currency used in Playeruknown’s Battlegrounds. BPs are earned after each played match – regardless of the outcome of the match itself. Those points can then be exchanged for equipment boxes – after opening each one of them the player will get a piece of clothing that can be used to modify the appearance of the character (or sell it on the Steam Marketplace).
How to earn BP?
As it was mentioned in the introduction, Battle Points are earned after each match, regardless of the outcome (the place you take). The amount of points that you can earn depends on several factors:
- The amount of time the player managed to survive. The longer you can survive (the less players remain on the map), the more BPs you will get.
- The amount of kills that the player has made. Killing a player in solo mode gives 20 BP, 15 in Duo and 10 in Squad.
- The amount of damage the player inflicted. You will get 1 BP for approximately 5 points of damage inflicted.
Those three factors are taken into account at the end of the match – the player will then receive the information about the exact amount of BPs that were earned.
How to use BP?
To use the accumulated BPs, you need to go to the main menu of the game, click on the Rewards tab and purchase a loot box. Each player can purchase up to 6 boxes each week. The price for subsequent boxes increases with every purchase and is as follows: 700, 1,400, 2,800, 4,200, 5,400 and 7,000 BP. The price and the availably of the boxes resets once a week, always on Monday.
When purchasing a loot box, the game chooses the type of the box the player will get – Wanderer,Survivor, BIKER or DESPERADO (all described in the “Crates” chapter of this guide). Items received from those boxes can be equipped on the character or exchanged for a small sum of BPs and the boxes themselves can be sold on the Steam Marketplace.
BP – tips & tricks
The following tips can help you earn more BPs for each match:
- BPs aren’t earned for kills only – long time of survival (less players alive) and the general amount of damage you inflict also contribute to the amount of BP you will get.
- If you aren’t playing dozens of games each week, it’s better to just wait for the chests (and their prices) to reset (done each Monday). This will allow you to purchase them without spending long hours on BP “farming”.
- Aggressive playstyle contributes to more BPs earned at the end of the match. Each kill will give you 20/15/10 (solo / duo / squad modes) BP and each 5 damage inflicted on the player will give 1 additional point. This means that killing a player on your own (dropping him/her from 100 to 0 HP) will net you 30-40 BPs.